Taking Viorele. Missed four pills. Noticed only spotting, no periods. Pregnancy test negative. Solution?

Hi, I am currently taking Viorele and i had skipped about 4 months of periods. This month i missed 4 pills in a row on the 3rd week, and took them when i remembered, and was planning to get my period this month. Last week i got what i thought was my period, but it was more like spotting for 2 days, nothing for 3 days and now spotting again. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. Is my body like this right now because I didnt use the pill properly?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Breakthrough bleeding

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for you query.

The breakthrough bleeding you are having is due to hormonal imbalance caused by the missed pills.Four pills missed cannot be compensated by taking them at a later date,when you remember. This month since you had missed the pills,you are not protected from pregnancy. What you should do is start a new pack after a proper period. You can omit this current pack,if you haven't finished it already. After you get withdrawal bleeding start the new pack.