Taking Vernace, Cobasoft, Pregabalin capsules for diebetic neuropathy. Enough medication?

Aug 2012

For diebetic neuropathy, my doctor ask me to take tha following tablets
Vernace 1-0-1, Cobasoft OD 1-0-0, Pregabalin capsules 0--0-1. Are these tablets enough? Pls advice me.
I am a diebetic patient
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 14 minutes later
Thank you for the query.
Ideally speaking if the given medications are giving you relief from your symptoms then yes, they are enough for you. Vernace and Cobasoft are not essential if your diet is balanced and hence taking anti-oxidants or extra vitamins is not anyway recommended. You can try taking only pregabalin tablet and may go up in the doses on your own as the maximum dose in humans is many times more than what you have been taking (75 or 150 mg of tab Pregabalin). You should feel symptom free with this.
In case you have Vit B12 deficiency then instead of taking oral vitamin supplements, you should be given injectable vit B 12 for the neuropathy as oral doses hardly work.
In short, if your symptoms of neuropathy do not get controlled with increased dose of pregabalin then check for Vit B12 level and if less then get treated with injectable vit B12.
Most importantly keep your sugar control better for best results of the neuropathy treatment.
I hope you got the answer. Take care.
Follow-up: Taking Vernace, Cobasoft, Pregabalin capsules for diebetic neuropathy. Enough medication? 31 hours later
After taking Pregabalin tablet, i am suffering from dizzines. Can i continue with this?
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 52 minutes later
If the dizziness does not go after a few days' use of pregabalin then you must stop it and take tab Tryptomer with the help of your physician or Diabetologist. Some people respond to plain Gabapentin well instead of pregabalin. Again you need to discuss this with your Diabetologist for proper prescription.