Taking Triquilar as birth control. Have leg pain and inconsistent periods. Side effects of Triquilar?

Hello Doctor,
My wife has been taking Triquilar from past 3 months for birth control, and she is seeing severe pain in her legs and inconsistent periods. I wanted to know what are the side effects
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 17 minutes later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, side effects from Triquilar 28 Day may occur at the beginning or at the end of treatment and may also depend on the length of time one remains on the treatment. Factors such as age, weight may influence the side effects of Triquilar 28 Day. Generally Triquilar 28 Day is well tolerated and the common side effects associated are abdominal pain with cramps, abdominal swelling, menstrual cycle irregularity, acne, breast engorgement, dizziness, edema, leg pains, fatigue, general weakness, nausea, vomiting. Less Severe alopecia, frequent headache , hirsutism, migraine, skin photosensitivity, vulvovaginal candidiasis, weight gain or loss. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks