Taking Tonact and Losar H. Having regular pain in knees. Medication side effects?

Hi, I am XXXXXXX I am taking Tonact TG and Loshar H for last 14 months (One per day, each). Now there is regular pain in my knees (even I can not sit easily). Does it relates to side effects of above tablets?
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

Tonact TG if taken for long time can cause myalgia, fatigue, leg pain, burning feet, etc.
Losar H can be cause hypokalemia (low potassium levels) which can give rise to leg cramps/pain and weakness.

Based on the details provided, I will attribute the pains to your medications especially Tonact TG.

I suggest you to report back to your treating doctor. Withdrawing from "Tonact TG" is advisable. Your doctor can check the serum potassium and creatinine phosphokinase (CPK) levels; if abnormal, he / she can make necessary changes.
It is recommended that you do these changes under supervision of your doctor.

Another thing I would like to suggest that if you are elderly then there are all the chances of having osteoarthritis of knees causing this problem. Please discuss about getting your knee checked with X-rays.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.