Taking Thyroxine for thyroid issue. Unable to lose weight after childbirth. Safe to take Duramine with Thyroxine?

I am a 30 year old mum of 1, and weigh 100 kg. I haven't been able to lose weight after having my son 17 months ago. Have been on Thyroxine for the last 3 months for thyroid issue. Weight not budging however I have had success on Duramine before. Is it safe to take Duramine with Thyroxine?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 hours later
Thanks for your query. Duromine is phenetramine an appetite suppressant of the amphetamine group of drugs. It acts by modulating the norepinephrine release. Thyroxine can be safely combined with phenetramine since thyroxine is a hormone and has no direct effect on norepinephrine system. Wish you good health and early weight loss.
Dr Sundar