Taking Thyronorm. Done with my TSH level. Anybody can help?

Question

I am taking Thyronorm 50 mcg from past 3 years as prescribed by Doctor.

Last year it was On 10-02-2012 - TSH - 4.154 uIU/ml

On 02-03-2013 - TSH - 0.01 uIU/ml

As suggested by you, I have done again thyroid profile. but mean while I was happy and bit concerned as TSH gone below low level, so I stopped tablet almost for 20-25 days

On 6-04-2013 results for T Profile are as

T3: 1.09 ng/ml
T4: 5.36 ug/dl
TSH: 7.28 ulU/ml

additional info:
height : 5ft 4 inch
weight : 61

Please suggest me what should I do? what dose should I take for thyronorm.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 15 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. Your reports suggest that 50 mcg dose is more for you. But you will need thyronorm bcoz after stopping the tablet TSH is getting above normsl. S o reduce the dose to 25 mcg/d. Repeat thyroid profile after 6 weeks .Take it empty stomach early in morning and give a gap of 1 hr before taking coffee, tea and breakfast.Nothing much to worry.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Taking Thyronorm. Done with my TSH level. Anybody can help? 9 hours later
Thank you Doctor for reply.
One query When to give blood sample (before/after - breakfast/lunch) for checking thyroid profile ?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 21 hours later
You can get thyroid profile any time from 8 Am to 6 pm irrespective of food intake. Best time may be to get it at 8am and then take thyroid tablet.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Taking Thyronorm. Done with my TSH level. Anybody can help? 3 hours later
Thank you Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 16 minutes later
Ok