Taking Swiss multivitamin tablets, Bioglan red krill oil, Blackmores Glucosamine sulfate. Do these have side effects?

Question
Hi doctor my name is hadi ahmadi and i am from Australia, I take one table of Swiss multivitamin tables, one Bioglan red krill oil double strength 1000mg, one Blackmores Glucosmine sulfate 1500mg every day. but I am not sure if these tables have any side effects on my physical or mental health. so can you please guide me with any side effects of these tables?
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
Hello Bazil
If you are young,healthy and strong probably there is no need to take these supplements.
Multivitamin and bioglan red krill may be alright but I fail to understand the reason behind taking glucosamine.
Glucosamine is a supplement used to decrease joint inflammations and is taken by people suffering from osteoarthritis.
Side effects of glucosamine may include drowsiness, headache, insomnia, and mild and temporary digestive complaints such as abdominal pain, poor appetite, nausea, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, and vomiting. In rare cases, the combination of glucosamine and chondroitin has been linked with temporarily elevated blood pressure and heart rate and palpitations.
if you are exercising regularly and taking good nutritious diet,there is no need to take any of them.However if you wish you may continue multivitamin and red krill as they don't have any worthwhile side effects if taken in normal dose,once a day, but you must consult your doctor and discuss about their role and possible use in you.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Taking Swiss multivitamin tablets, Bioglan red krill oil, Blackmores Glucosamine sulfate. Do these have side effects? 15 hours later
I just started taking one Blackmores Glucosmine sulfate tablet 1500mg every day because I do have pain in my knees when I stand or sit on the floor, jumping, putting pressure on my knees, like leg exercise in the gym and specially when I play football, it is really painful. so a friend of mine advised me to take this table because it is good for joined pain.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
If you have pain in your knee joints,then you must consult some orthopedic doctor and get properly evaluated and treated properly.there is no point ignoring pain in your knee joints.
Thanks

Follow-up: Taking Swiss multivitamin tablets, Bioglan red krill oil, Blackmores Glucosamine sulfate. Do these have side effects? 19 hours later
well the pain is not their all the time it just their when i paly football. so basicaly i think it is becaouse of the weekness in the joind.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 46 minutes later
Hello
It is not weekness but rather some inflammation or injury in the knee joint which must be explored and taken care of.
Do consult the doctor as advised.
Thanks

Follow-up: Taking Swiss multivitamin tablets, Bioglan red krill oil, Blackmores Glucosamine sulfate. Do these have side effects? 27 hours later
I think I have been Consulting with yourself and i belive you must be a doctor.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
You are right but I can not examine you,so I can't advise you properly.
We can only guide you regarding your treatment and can not treat you,as legal binding are there on us.
I think you can understand it.
We are always here to guide and help people.
Thanks