Taking Sotalol for A-fib. Have had cryoablation, have swollen lymph node. Side effect?

I`m taking Sotalol 80mg Bid for A-fib. Have had cryoablation 2 months ago. I have a swollen lymph node on right clavicle.Could this be a side effect of the sotalol?
The lymph node has been enlarged for about 2 weeks and seems to be getting more sweeling around it.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sotolol can't be the cause. Needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.

The chances of lymphadenopathy with Sotalol is very very rare. I have not seen any patient complaining with lymphadenopathy with sotalol but a very few reported case of mediastinal lymphadenopathy is there.

Since the node is enlarging and more satellite nodes are appearing this may be due to any other causes (Pulmonary most common). So I advice you to get one CT or X XXXXXXX of chest and get examined (complete general physical examination) by your board certified physician once to know the cause. You may require some routine blood tests. No need to worry about the drug. If no cause is detected after evaluation then we can change the drug.

Hope this clarified your query. Feel free to ask if any related questions.

Wish you good health.