Taking Seloken, Clopitab and Febuget for ED and PE. Can I take Sildenfil Create?

Sexologist
Question
Dear Dr. A XXXXXXX
HI.
I am taking Seloken XL-25, Clopitab 75 and Febuget 40? Can I take Sildenfil Create??

For the last one year I have been suffering from ED and PE.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 16 hours later
Hi there,

These medicines are not absolute contraindications for the usage of Sildenafil.
It is better yourself examined by your family physician for and physical contra indications for its usage.

There are two major causes for ED & PE problems

1. Physical - Due to physical factors like hormonal deficiency, obesity, smoking, diabetes etc

2. Psychological - Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

I would suggest the following:

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga etc.

2. You can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

3. Certain techniques pioneered by Master and XXXXXXX are very useful in treating premature ejaculation. They include
(a) Stop & Re Start Method: Stop at a point just before you are about to ejaculate and restart foreplay and insertion. You may repeat this cycle again.
(b) Squeeze Method: Your partner should squeeze the base of glans penis for a few minutes just before you feel you would ejaculate. Repeat the process again as required.
(c) Increased frequency of sexual activity can increase the ejaculation time as well.

4. Selective Serotonin Re uptake inhibitor (SSRI) drugs like Tab. Dapoxetine have been tried in the recent years to treat premature ejaculation. It is more effective when taken 3 hours before intercourse. A physician can prescribe it to you

5. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

I hope I have answered your queries. I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great sex life.

Dr A XXXXXXX MBBS; MBA (Hospital Management); MHSc (Reproductive & Sexual Medicine)
Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Republic of India

“great sex.happy life”

Follow-up: Taking Seloken, Clopitab and Febuget for ED and PE. Can I take Sildenfil Create? 13 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX
Greetings. Thanks for your immediate reply for my query. Surely I will contact my physician regarding tadalafil and Dapoxetine.

Does "not absolute contraindications" mean that there will be no severe side effects when I consume Sildanefil with Seloken XL-25, Clopitab 75 and Febuget 40. Generally I maintain good health. First the doctor put me on Aten-25 and only from last two years I am on Seloken XL-25. Every two months I go for a check up and always my BP never crossed the reading of 124/86 in all these 10 years of medication. My sugar and creatine levels are all normal. Only thing is that I lost the sex drive along with ED and PE. I almost concluded it is normal for 48 yr old. When I approached my family general physician he prescribed Nuroz OD which did not help me at all. I did not know where to really approach till I stumbled upon health care magic. Now I am looking for sexual activity with my wife (45 yrs old) only once a fortnight.
Can I stop my regular medication once in a fortnight and take only Sildfenafil??

Thank you doctor once again for your earlier reply and looking forward for your answer for this little query. I am really impressed with Healthcare Magic.
Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Nice to know that you are happy with XXXXXXX

Aten 25 and Seloken XL-25 (metoprolol) which you are and were consuming can partially decrease your libido. It is better consult your family physician regarding changing Seloken XL - 25.

There is no need to stop your regular medications for taking tadalafil and dapoxetine. Sildenafil is contraindicated in those who are suffering from heart disease and taking nitrates.

At your age group, sexual activity once in a week / fortnight are quite normal. Hence need not worry too much about the libido.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer.
Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great sex life.

“great sex.happy life”