Taking Rosavel F tablet when heavy diet in oil is consumed. Is it necessary to take cholestrol tablets everyday?

how does Rosavel F tablet work I consume it when I have heavy diet XXXXXXX in oil
otherwise I consume Rosavel 20 every night my latest cloestrol level are as follows
Cholestrol total 115.0mg/dl , Triglycerides 102.0mg/dl HDL38.0

LDL 69.0 , VlDL 20.0 , Total cholestrolRaio 3.0

Is it still ok to consume cholestrol tablets everyday
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome,

Rozavel F tablet is cholesterol lowering medication that helps in reducing blood pressure, bad cholesterol, prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques (especially after a heavy meal XXXXXXX in oil and/or fat) which in the long run prevents cardiovascular diseases like myocardial infarction (heart attacks), and also helps in increasing the good cholesterol which will in turn reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.

Your lab results:
Total cholesterol -- NORMAL
Triglycerides -- OPTIMAL/NORMAL
HDL -- LOW (this is good cholesterol and should ideally be above 40 in males, yours is close to normal, but a higher value will surely help)

Your lipid profile is normal, and you are considered healthy. What you need to understand is that, your levels could be normal only because of the medication. So there is a chance that your cholesterol (bad) levels may rise if you discontinue the medication. I would also like to know when and why you were prescribed cholesterol lowering medication, if you do not mind me asking.

Hope this information helps. You are healthy, and your heart is at no risk to any diseases or abnormalities, thanks to the medications. My advice would be to continue this.

Take care,