Taking Ritalin for narcolepsy and feeling sleepy. How to reduce my sleep?

Hi I have been taking Ritalin for narcolepsy. Now that it's so hard to find. My doctor has ordered hydroxyzine XXXXXXX one. But everything I read says that put you to sleep. I don't want to sleep. I want to wake up. Is that correct
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hydroyzine is not strong sedative. Detailed Answer: Hi Dear Welcome to the Health Care Magic, Ritalin is good for narcolepsy but if it is difficult to find you have to settle with some drug for this problem. And this hydroxyzine is a good substitute for your medicine. Actually this is not a very strong sedative but occasionally after the first dose people are affected more and later on with subsequent doses this side effect gradually fades off. Hope the query is answered Please feel free for the further clarification. Thanks