Taking R Cinex for TB. Have knee pain. Can I consume alcohol and can I have sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
I AM TAKING R CINEX TABLET FOR TB , I CAN TAKE THE ALCOHOL AND SEX. I AM TAKING R CINEX TABLET , I HAVE KNEE PAIN IN LEG , WHAT IS THE REASON
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Follow-up: Taking R Cinex for TB. Have knee pain. Can I consume alcohol and can I have sex? 2 minutes later

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi AAAAA

Since how long are you taking this R Cinex tablet?

These medicine is related with TB and it has side effects with liver derangement like drug induced hepatitis.

Drug induced hepatitis is more common during 1-2 weeks of start of therapy.

If you are taking this medicine since 2-3 months, then there is least chances of derangement. While, you should go for liver function test prior to start of therapy.

You can take alcohol in limited amount just as 1-2 glass safely if LFT is normal.

As such there is no correlation between sex and R Cinex.

What is your sputum smear AFB status? Approximation during sex may spread disease to your partner if you are Sputum smear positive AFB. If you are negative and you have completed 2 months of intensive phase then there is less chances of spread of disease.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Taking R Cinex for TB. Have knee pain. Can I consume alcohol and can I have sex? 24 minutes later
ACTUALLY MY PROBLEM IS MY LEFT LUNGS HAVING 1.2 LITTER FLUID ACCUMULATED , THEN THAT FLUID TAKEN BY INJECT FROM THE LUNGS AND THEN TAKEN SCAN , IN SCAN 5% FLUID NOT ABLE TO TAKEN BY THE NEEDLE AFTER THAT MY DOCTOR TREATMENT STARTED ON 25-05-2012

FROM 25-05-2012 AKT4 TAKEN , TWO MONTHS FINISHED AFTER 25-07-2012 I HAVE TAKING R CINEX AS PER ADVISED BY DOCTOR,

NOW I HAVE TAKEN X-RAY FOR CHEST (LUNGS) NOW IT IS LOOKING CLEAR, SO U PLEASE SUGGEST FOR 1. SHALL I DO THE SEX , 2 . SHALL I TAKE ALCOHOL PLEASE ADVISE
IF I AM AFFECTED BY SUGAR , WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS WILL BE COME , HOW I COME TO KNOW I AFFECTED BY SUGAR

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 14 hours later
Hi AAAA
What is your present Liver function test status?
If it is normal then you can take alcohol in limited amount just as 1-2 glass safely.
What is your sputum smear AFB status? As you are suffering from pleural effusion and you are in recovery phase, there is least chance of spread during sex. You can perform sex.
At the age of 38, type II diabetes may occur which is generally asymptomatic.
Increased thirst, increased urination are symptoms of type I diabetes.
Type II diabetes is diagnosed accidentally during blood investigation (as in your case), heart attack, stroke, kidney failure.
You should also take treatment for Diabetes
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava