Taking Primolut N for endometriosis. Have bleeding, abdominal pain, bloating, thigh pain. Do I need further attention?

I've been taking primolut N continuously for 8 months for treatment of endometriosis. Dosage is usually 5mg daily but increases when bleeding occurs to minimise/cease menstrual bleeding. I've increased the dose to 10mg bd for the last 5 days but am still bleeding. I am now experiencing abdominal pain, bloating and pain radiating down my right thigh. Wondering if I need to seek further attention??

Would appreciate your opinion.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Five days continuously bleeding with persistent symptoms( radiating pain, bloating, discomfort ) despite increased dose , is real reason to seek further medical advice. They will review , adjust dose or change with another medication that suppress endometrial tissue growth and possible adding anti- inflammatory drugs. If you have done already biopsy and confirmed diagnosis , then I will advice you ultrasonography examination to rule out any other disorders. If after long term pharmacological treatment will be no improvements ( will persist chronicle pelvic pain who do not respond to NSAIDs and oral contraceptive therapy; intermittent or continuously dysmenorrhea) then there another therapeutically alternatives as surgical ablation and excision of endometriotic implants.

I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,