Taking Pexep for GAD. Body pain, headache, dizziness. Help

Hello Sir,

My doctor identfied GAD problem with me and given pexep cr 25 but i was taking for 1 month and stopped and after that problem occured again ....if any new responsibility coming I am getting scared then body pain and headeach starting .....fear problem and dizziness ...
It got resolved but doctor said u need to contiue and i am stopping hence problem occurring again.,...

Please guide as I wanted to come out of this

Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later

Paxep CR contains Paroxetine which acts on brain chemical called serotonin and Paroxetine is effective in GAD.

The imbalance in serotonin level in brain causes GAD.

Management of GAD is medicine plus non-pharmacological treatment.

The non-pharmacological treatment in your case (from your limited information), for example, is how to cope with or handle a new responsibility by learning some psychological techniques.

For example, preparing yourself psychologically before taking the new responsibility, analyzing it, having appropriate resources for the same, expecting the mind etc. (the exact kind of non-pharmacological management will be decided after a detailed session with the individual). This is a small example.

In addition, relaxation therapy like breathing exercise would help.

Medication are to be taken regularly for a longer period as your doctor is suggesting and may be increasing the paxep cr dose further is a better idea. These options can be discussed with your doctor.

Hope this piece of information would help you.

Wish you a good luck.