Taking Paxil currently, want to start Oxy Elite Pro. Can these medicines be taken together?

Hi I have been taking paxil for about a month now, and I was wondering if I could begin to take Oxy Elite Pro. It is a fat burner, and I just wanted to make sure that I was able to take both. I always take my Paxil at night, I wanted to start the Oxy Elite today in the morning.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation at right time.

Paxil contain paroxetine which is used for anxiety and depressive illness.

OxyElite has a following ingredients:
- 100mg caffeine per capsule
- Bauhinia Purpurea L.
- Bacopa Monniera (Leaf)
- 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium)
- Cirsium Oligophyllum
- Rauwolscine

Each has different benefits such as increased metabolism, thyroid enhancing, mood elevation, suppressed appetite, and subcutaneious fat burning.

With these information it is clear that OxyElite can increase your anxiety by following means:
- Effect on thyroid hormone: increase T3 level
- Presence of caffeine

Although there is no direct interaction between OxyElite and Paroxetine, but consider above facts before starting OxyElite and discuss these facts with your physician.

Anyway following information will help you in decision making:

• Get thyroid hormonal assay before starting OxyElite.
• If your anxiety and depressive symptoms are well control for more than 1 month than you can use OxyElite. If not then postpone its use.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.