Taking Paxil. Can women's ultra mega energy and metabolism be taken along with the Paxil?

Hi I'm taking 25 mg Paxil CR for 10 years. Recently came off of ability about 6 months ago (extremely sensitive to it), I feel as though I'm having withdrawals from something at this point. can gnc women's ultra mega energy and metabolism be taken along with the Paxil?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
GNC Women's ultra can be taken with paxil

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

Paxil, or paroxetine, is an antidepressant medication that is used for a wide variety of social anxiety disorders, but the patient can exhibit some uncomfortable Paxil withdrawal symptoms it taken off of the medication too quickly. For this reason, the prescribing physician will design a method of gradual reduction of the medication’s dosage over a short period of time to reduce the possibilities of these negative effects.

Paxil is prescribed in part because of the brain’s inability to produce effective levels of certain mood stabilizing chemicals, namely serotonin. During treatment where Paxil is ingested by the patient on a daily basis, the body becomes dependent on the paroxetine to assist in the making of these brain chemicals. By decreasing the dosage gradually over time, the brain has a chance to regulate its production in accordance. When this does not occur, negative Paxil withdrawal symptoms are more likely.

These Paxil withdrawal symptoms may last for up to two weeks after treatment has stopped or up to 1 month from the time that the medication has begun to be reduced. It is always recommended to keep your doctor informed of all withdrawals symptoms

GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Energy and Metabolism contains multivitamins and antioxidants. As such it should not interfere with Paxil and there is no obvious interaction to the best of my knowledge. You may take it with Paxil.

However, if there is any small discomfort while on GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Energy and Metabolism, you could change your brand of multivitamins.

I hope this helps.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor