Taking Pamsvax XL and Finasteride. Can I drop Finasteride?

For a couple or more years I have been taking one Pamsvax XL 400 micrograms capsule together with one Finasteride 5mg tablet each day.
I have no problem with them but simply a minor query. Since the Pamsvax comes in boxes of 30 whilst the Finasteride ones come in boxes of 28 they run out of kilter after a time so that I have a spare box of the Pamsvax.
Would it be OK to double up on these for the next 30 days or instead only take these (one a day for 30 days) and drop the Finasteride for that period. For the record I also take a daily Simvastatin 40 Mg. I have a blood test either 6 or 12 monthly and as the GP surgery never mention it I assume it is OK.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

No, do not drop Finasteride on those two days. For its optimum activity and to avoid side effects the drug has to be on continuous dosage unless advised to stop.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Taking Pamsvax XL and Finasteride. Can I drop Finasteride? 6 minutes later
Presumably, then, I should double up on the Pamsvax. Many thanks for your answer, Mike.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.