Taking Oxycodone and Methodone. Urine test showed substance abuse. Taken penicillin only. Help

hi MY name is XXXXXX and I've XXXXXXX on pain medication for 20 years,I'm now on 720 30 mg ocxycodone 24 a day and 210 10mg Methodone 7 a day plus azma pump n colesterol I olso take one asarin a day,heres the quastion I've bin seying this Doctor for ower 2 years and never had a problem,and yesterday I riceved a leter sayin that he no longer can proscribe controld substace becous,of urine test shouved substance abuse,I have no idia why,I did have a bad could n my Kidnis have bin botherin mi for a while,and I have XXXXXXX penicilen that I toke a cople times and couf medicin a cople times,thats it.can he jut not give me the prorcription's knowen that I can die fro withdous.Thank you and I hapo someone can help me with this ishue by leting me know what and hawe to go abouted.THANKS AGAIN
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

A urine test showing positive for the drugs may not be a strong reason to stop your pain medication which you were on for long time. Also stopping such medications suddenly would be more XXXXXXX If needed, they have to be stopped in a dose tapering manner to avoid withdrawal complications.

According to your history, I do not see any strong reason for stopping your medications. I suggest you to discuss with your doctor, the reason for stopping the medications and the mode of stopping he has planned.

Please let me know the reasons your doctor mentions on your discussion, I shall then analyze and provide my opinion on it.

Wish you good health.