Taking Ovamit. Any side effects? Have dry nose and cold. Due to Ovamit?

Infertility Specialist
Question
i have been taking ovamit 50mg for 2 days..can you please tell me the side effects.. also my doc has given me this on the 4th day of my periods for 5 days..will i ovulate straight after 5 days so will it be an early ovulation this cycle?
i have also having very dry nose and cold today .. is it because of ovamit?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Ovmit is drug called clomiphene Citrate/ It is used for inducing ovulation in women.

2) It is generally a safe drug. It is first line medicine in treating women with Infertility.

3) Side effects of this medicine are dose-related hot flushes; abdominal discomfort; blurred vision; ovarian enlargement; allergic rash, urticaria; CNS disturbances; abnormal liver function tests; multiple pregnancies.

4) But these are not common. Dry nose and cold are not because of this medication. You can relax and not worry about it.

5) You will not ovulate immediately after 5 days. It takes another 4 to 5 days to ovulate.

6) No problem in starting on 4th day. It will still have effect.

7) I advice you get ultrasound scan around 12 th day of your cycle to know the growth of egg and best time to have intercourse to try for pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.