Taking Opana twice a day. Have to pass drug screen test for job. How long does Opana last in the system?

Question
I have been taking 50 mg of Opana twice daily. I applied for a new job. I have to temporarily go off of it to pass the drug screen, as this company has 0 tolerance to any chemicals, even if prescribed. I will go back on it after the drug test. How long does Opana ER at 50 mg last in the system? I have to take the test tomorrow by 3pm central time. How fast does it decrease in the system and does drinking water help?
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 46 minutes later
HI, thanks for healthcare magic

Opana is a opioid pain killer.

It is broken down in the liver and excreted in the urine. The half life when taken once daily is between 2 to 9 hours. Half life is the time it would take for the amount of medication in the system to decrease by half.

The exact half life for persons who use it more than once a day is not known but would be expected to be longer. This means it would take longer for it to be eliminated from the system.
It may take about 2-3 days for it to be completely eliminated from your system but the level should be low enough by 24 hours to be undetectable by the test even if it is still present in the blood stream.
If they use the more expensive tests which can detect lower levels, which is not likely, it can be detected for longer periods of time.

It is not likely that the more expensive tests would be used.

The use of water may help.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions