Taking Omnexel tablets. Experiencing urination problems, low volume, difficulty starting in morning. Suggest?

I am taking 400mg Omnexel tablets, Am experiencing urination problems, low volume. difficulty starting particularly early morning. Should I increase dose?
I am taking the following meds:
Co diovan 160/12.5mg
Omnexel 400mg
Nuseal 75mg
Verap 120mg
Difene 100mg.
Nexium 20mg.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Thank you for your query .

Well looking into your problem I assume that you are suffering from Benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Omnexel contains Tamsulosin , an alpha blocker is a treatment for difficult urination, a common symptom of enlarged prostate. This drug results in relaxation of smooth muscle in the prostate and bladder neck, thus decreasing the blockage of urine flow and free flow of urine .

Yes , the dose needs to be increased may be on twice daily basis but first thorough evaluation is needed . I advise you to consult a urologist , get a prostate specific antigen level done to rule out any transformation into malignant condition , and evaluation for symptoms and signs of UTI .

Only after physical examination actual situation can be assessed and the treatment modified.

Dr. Shruti