Taking Montek for anxiety disorder. Have stomach pain. Endoscopy shows no ulcer. Is it due to Montek?

I am taking montex LC tablet alongwith XXXXXXX 10 mg for more than 11 months for my anxiety disorder , allergy and occasional breathing difficulty n the night. Doctor asked me to stop after 6 months. But, I feel much better and continue to take it...Of late, I have continuous pain in the stomach and at times, it becomes severe. An endoscopy was taken a year back for some other problem and that time there was no ulcer at all. Like to know whether the cause for my abdomal pain now is due to long administration of montek lc? Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Montex LC is for asthma and XXXXXXX is an anti-depressant medicine. Both do not cause any stomach problem. If the stomach pain persists then it needs to be examined and managed accordingly. It is advisable you consult your doctor and also get the following investigaions done:
1. Stool routine examination
2. Ultrasound of the whole abdomen.

The doctor must have prescribed you Montex if you had some cough due to allergy. If the allergy is seasonal then you should be taking the medicine before the allergy season starts and may discontinue once the season changes.

The anti-depressant medicine, XXXXXXX needs to be taken under medical supervision. The dose may be adjusted according to the response.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
Follow-up: Taking Montek for anxiety disorder. Have stomach pain. Endoscopy shows no ulcer. Is it due to Montek? 2 days later
Dear Doctor,

Thanks for your inputs.

Whe I stop taking Motex LC, I get the itching sensation in my hand and foot and also start sneezing. Can I take Montex LC for a long time? Or is there any alternate medicine to be tried?

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 59 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

Montex LC can be taken for a long time. However I will not advise self-medication which can be harmful. I suggest you consult your doctor and accordingly take the medicines.

If the cause for the sneezing and itching (allergen) can be found out then it can be eliminated from your environment and you shall not have to take the medicines. This can only be done by discussing with your health care provider.

I hope I have cleared your doubts to your satisfaction.