Taking Minoz and Clindac A cream but acne is not getting reduced at all. Suggest?

Hi ,
My Acne is not getting reduced at all . I am under dermatologist treatment but seems its not working at all.
He first gave me Minoz 50 tab for 30 days and Clindac A cream for day and night. When I went for next visit he has asked me to for Micro dermabrassion and gave "Aziwok 500 ( thrice in a week for two week) XXXXXXX and has ask me to come after 10 days.

My acne is not at all getting reduce. Now the complete face is full of acne...Please advice...
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later
You have been given a correct treatment in past.
In case of failure of the first line therapies, which you have already used, We give retinoids as second line therapy.

Retinoids are products derived from vitamin A.
These are highly effective against acne.
The only problem with these drugs is that they are highly teratogenic (can damage developing fetus).

I would like to know whether you are married or not ?
If married are you planning for pregnancy in near future.

Kindly answer the above questions, so I can guide you better.
Retinoids are prescription drugs and can only be prescribed by a dermatologist on meeting in person.
I can only guide you regarding the response, benefits and side effects of the drug.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Follow-up: Taking Minoz and Clindac A cream but acne is not getting reduced at all. Suggest? 2 hours later
i am married and not planning to get pregnant in nera future ..atleast not for a year...but retonoid A will remove scar..
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Retinoids (Retin A) brings about a change in entire cell cycling of skin cells.
It removes the block in sebaceous gland and hence treats acne.
It is also helpful in removing scar as it causes superficial peeling of the skin.
As I already mentioned, it is a prescription drug. please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you