Taking Microgynon to postpone periods. Have itchy red bumps on ankles, scalp. Why is it ?

I am taking microgynon to avoid getting my period on vacation in 10th days time. however i am retaining water (which is one of the Pms symptoms i hoped to avoid) and i have itchy red bumps on ankles and scalp. if i stop taking microgynon now, will i still get my period on time or will it all be completely hsywire? Can i switch to a different pill halfway?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
With microgynon or any other pill, the retention of water is difficult to avoid. If you stop taking microgynon now, you are likely to have your periods three days after stopping the pill.
By changing the pill, the periods can be delayed and your itchy red bumps might go away.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking Microgynon to postpone periods. Have itchy red bumps on ankles, scalp. Why is it ? 6 hours later
Will i get the period even though i only started taking microgynon 2 weeks ago?

Also is the red itchy bumps thing common as i also have some athletes foot cream which could be related?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if you started with microgynon only two weeks ago, a mild amount of withdrawal bleeding is likely.
The red itchy bumps may not be related to taking microgynon. Such skin lesions are usually allergic in origin and might improve on applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.