Taking Microgynon, ovulation kit shows not ovulating. Should I worry?

HI, I stopped taking Microgynon on the 14th of October. Originally I forgot pills for 1 week after withdrawn bleed, on the 10th I took only 5 and decided to stop taking it all together. I had my withdrawn bleed on the 21st of October. I've been using ovulation kits which shows that I'm not ovulating. Should I worry? Thank you
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
While you are taking microgynon, you are not likely to ovulate. Microgynon is a hormonal contraceptive and it prevents conception by preventing ovulation.
Once you stop taking microgynon, your normal ovulation will return in next 2-3cycles.
There is nothing to worry. You can continue using it regularly as long as you do not need pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.