Taking Meprate for PCOS, spotting brown discharge, nausea, abdominal discomfort, negative pregnancy test. What is wrong with me?

i have PCOS, i was advised to take Meprate for three months 5 days per month. I got my periods on 13th of january, aftr taking meprate from 1st XXXXXXX to 5th XXXXXXX On 28th january i got spotting some brown discharge for 3 days. I have not yet got my periods aftr i had meprate on 1st february to 5th feb. i also feel nausea n uneasiness speacially in my abdomen, along with sum temperature and loss of appetite. I did a home pregnancy test but it was negative.. Kindly tell me wat is wrong with me.m i pregnant?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later
Hello Akansha,

Thank you for posting your query.

The brownish discharge you had for three days from January 28 could be an implantation bleeding, but I can not tell you confidently, as it could also be an early menstrual flow also.

You can wait for another two weeks and repeat the urine pregnancy test, it takes quite some time for these home pregnancy kits become positive. Instead you can go for a serum Beta -HCG level estimation, which is a better test.

Right now you need now worry. Please consult your treating gynecologist in case you develop symptoms such as, severe bleeding from the vagina, fever, severe cramping abdominal pain and /or vomiting.

Hope I have answered your query completely. Please write back if you have additional questions.