Taking Lyrica. Having itching blistery rash. Side effects of medicine?

my husband has started taking Lyrica, and has recently been breaking out in a blistery rash, that itches like poison oak, but he's not been anywhere close to a source. He says it itches real bad, but is afraid of spreading it. Do you think it could be a side effect of the Lyrica?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 38 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The pregabalin is a very good drug but hypersensitivity is a clear indication to stop the medicine and avoid in future forever and to consult the local physician as soon as possible because side effect may aggravate in severity very fast in some patients.
I am quoting the line from the makers of lyrica about it's adverse effects- "LYRICA is not for everyone. LYRICA may cause serious, even life threatening, allergic reactions. Stop taking LYRICA and call your doctor right away if you have any signs of a serious allergic reaction. Some signs are swelling of your face, mouth, lips, gums, tongue, throat or neck, or if you have any trouble breathing, or have a rash, hives or blisters."
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!