Taking Losartan and Coreg. Is it safe to take Viagra?

Oncologist
Question
I'm 49 6 foot 1 200 pounds have improved my EF form 25 to 42 in 9 months. No drinker now and never smoked. On 100MG Losartan and 3.125 coreg twicw a day can i take a small does of Viagra once a month?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

The answer is yes. The main contraindication to Viagra use is nitroglycerin. If you use sublingual nitro or take a medication called isosprbide then Viagra cannot be used.

As with any medication I advise that you use caution and start with a low dose of no more than 25 mg. Be sure also to avoid use of alcohol around the time you use the Viagra.

Otherwise it is extremely important that you exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.

Thank you again for the query. I hope my response has been helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga