Taking Losartan and Citalopram, reduced dosage. Low heart rate, shoulder rash. History of kidney stones. Concerned

Question
I have been taking 50mg of Losartan-HCTZ 50-12.5 MG TAB for about 5 months. I have also been on Citalopram for about 5 months, 20mg daily.. Approx two months ago I reduced the dosage to 10mg daily for a month (per dr) and then took it every other day for a month. I have not taken Citalopram for about 10 days. For about a week I have felt sluggish, and believe it to be the meds? Not knowing why, my heart rate has been 45 to 50 for about ten days. (Normally 70-80) I was previously on lysinopril 100 mg for 3 years which I changed because of "breaking out" with a scaly rash. I still am still breaking out on my shoulder (same place) with the current meds, but am concerned about my heart rate. Other wise I am a healthy 62 year old with no other problems. I am a non tobbaco user for 35 years, very little alcohol, and had Kidney stones approx 20 years ago. I'm 5' 9" weigh 205, and am active in my daily life.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I have read your query and would answer it with best of my knowledge.
Withdrawal from CITALOPRAM can cause irregularity in the rhythm of heart. This can either result in increased heart rate (TACHYCARDIA) or decrease in heart rate (BRADYCARDIA).
This should settle of its own soon.
If you don't have any associated symptom of anxiety or depression or sweating and if our blood pressure is normal, then there is nothing to worry.
However if you feel that your bradycardia has not improved in next 2 weeks or if there is any disturbance in your blood pressure, then it would be a nice idea to have a consultation with your cardiologist for the proper evaluation.
I hope it helps. However, you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Taking Losartan and Citalopram, reduced dosage. Low heart rate, shoulder rash. History of kidney stones. Concerned 8 hours later
Strange, I was telling my spouse that I felt this to be the case. I have to teach a course today, and will be on my feet for 4-6 hours. This might tell me. I am somewhat fatigued after the class, which seems to be normal. My wife also took my pulse by hand on my wrist last evening and seemed to be 65-70. Thank You! XXXXXXX Moye
I almost forgot! What can I do about the scaly, bumpy, condition on my left shoulder? It seems to come and go as it pleases. Is there anything to worry about? Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Very frankly speaking, your query seems ambiguous.
Do you mean that there is some scaly lesion on your shoulder and if it is so does it become red or itches?
Or there is some swelling on your shoulder?

Please clarify.

Thanks

Follow-up: Taking Losartan and Citalopram, reduced dosage. Low heart rate, shoulder rash. History of kidney stones. Concerned 10 hours later
Yes, It is scaly, and is a patch of red bumps, and bumps turns scaly after 12-18 hours. It is roughly 6x6, but is dry, and doesn't itch? It seems to go in a cycle? Also, this is embarrassing to ask, but, what the heck!!! My PENIS has a slight curve in it, and is sore when I move it to straighten it out??? I hope it is the med, (bp med, anti-depressant) and will straighten back up???

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 hours later
Your description suggests that your skin lesion could be a fungal infection and you may require some anti fungal ointment like Clotrimazole to be applied locally for two weeks and see the response. If it doesn't go away, best would be to talk to your doctor for the diagnosis and treatment.
As far as curve of penis is concerned, it is normally seen in many men.
However it could be Peyronnie's disease.
Generally the symptom are mild and there is no requirement of any treatment, since it goes off on it' s own in many cases.
However if there is considerable pain or difficulty in doing intercourse, surgical treatment can be undertaken.
The cause of Peyronnie's is generally unknown but it is thought that blood pressure medicine like Propanolol can cause it.
Thanks