Taking Loestrin, want to start my period early. Will taking Loestrin for 21 days mess up my cycle?

I have been taking Loestrin 24 for 8 mo. This cycle, I have taken 21 days of active pills and would like to start my period tomorrow (early) instead of waiting, so that it ends earlier before an upcoming event. The other option - skipping the period by skipping the placebos - hasn't worked well for me in the past. I noticed that the normal Loestrin (that has 21 active days instead of 24) has the same exact type and dose of estrogen/progesterone. So, it seems logical that I could take it for just 21 days... will this mess up my cycle?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
You have taken 21 pills of loestrin 24. Even if you stop the pills now, your period is expected to start after two days. If that serves your purpose fine then you can stop after 21 pills and start taking next packet after the bleeding has started or from day 2.
Other wise you can start with the next packet right away without giving a pill free period in between and can stop taking pills after the event is over so that you can have a delayed period.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.