Taking Lexapro. Suffered nausea and pain in shoulder. Should I expect the symptom to get worst?

I began taking Lexapro last night at 9:30. I awoke around 2:30am after 4 hours sleep with Nausea and pain in my left shoulder blade. I was in and out of sleep untill 6:00. The symptons subsided untill roughly 7:00pm this day. Now I have mild Nausea. Should I expect this sympton to continue , get worse, or go away eventually and how long will it take?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Start at half of current dose and increase in 10d

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic.
Lexapro contains an antidepressant medicine called escitalopram. Escitalopram is generally well tolerated but can cause side effect of altered sleep pattern depression excitement loose motions nausea diarrhoea skin rash and respiratory trouble.
Young patients may have suicidal ideation on the start of this medicine for some duration so if any of these side effects appear then there is an indication to review with your physician.
In your case because there is only sleep trouble so you should reduce the Lexapro to the half of the current dose for next 7-10 days and then increase to the current levels. It will increase your tolerance for this drug.
It usually it takes about a month time for the full effect of the drug and tolerance of the side effects.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you.