Taking Levothyroxine for Grave's Disease. Using OxyElite Pro for weight loss. What are the risks of taking them together?

I am a treated Grave's Disease patient, where I went through a radio-active iodine procedure to discontinue the function of my thyroid. For the past 5 years I've been on 112mcg of levothyroxine. Lately, I've been using Oxy Elite Pro and have had positive weight loss results. The side effects I've experienced include increased heart rate and mild anxiety. My blood tests come back normal and I get energy from the caffeine which helps me get through my day. I have suffered some dehydration, but that can be easily fixed with more care about my water intake. I've been worried about the side effects of taking both levothyroxine and oxy elite pro simultaneously over a course of time... What are my risks with being on artificial thyroid medication and taking oxy elite pro?

If you do not recommend Oxy Elite Pro, what else can I do to help with moderating my weight? Even with a good diet and exercise plan I have very low energy.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 12 hours later
Oxy elite pro is one of hundreds of unsubstantiated weight loss remedies promoted online. There is no hard scientific data to my knowledge that proves that it is both safe and efficacious.

Levothyroxine is the ideal medication for treating the thyroid condition you have.

Regarding weight loss, the best way is diet and exercise. WWW.WWWW.WW This weblink provides accurate scientific information on weight loss methods