Taking Lasartan for hypertension. Red colored spots on the thigh. Due to side effects?

What would cause 1 upper thigh to look red and mottled ( I just started a blood pressure lowering medication called Lasartan?
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Mild red colored spots like mottling may be due to teh drug you are taking- losartan. Such mild rashes are usually self limiting and do improve over 7-10 days. Application odf 1% hydrocortisone ointment helps in bringing relief.
In case the rashes are persistent and turn more of purple then consulting a dermatologist for a direct examination will be helpful.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.