Taking Lamotrigine for epilepsy. Can I use otrivin nasal spray?

I am currently taking lamotrigine for epilepsy , can I use ortrivine nasal spray .
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query.
Although there is a very long list of the medicines with which lamotrigine has interactions but OTRIVIN nasal spray doesn't figure in that and so you can use this nasal spray.
Make sure that you don't use this spray more than two to three times a day and for not more than 4 to 5 days as it can lead to chronic congestion in your nose.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.