Taking Lalra and Aibitel. Gaining weight. What to do?

I am 61 years old taking Jalra50 and Arbitel H 80 in the morning. Metride plus 2 and voglase before lunch and dinner and in the night I am taking Deplatt A 75 and onnact 5 . I am gain,ing weight and fat on belly
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 3 hours later
Thanks for sharing your concerns,
You are basically having Hypertension, Diabetes type II and Ischemic heart disease. I presume your blood pressure is well controlled.

You are taking Jalra, Metride plus 2 (Mtetformin+Glimiperide+Pioglitazone) for control of blood sugar level, out of which pioglitazone can cause weight gain.
Diabetes itself can cause weight gain.

Central obesity is not good as it is an independent risk factor. You should take care of diet reducing calories and increase physical exercise like brisk walking to maintain weight.

You are taking Deplatt A and Tonact are given as blood thinner and cholesterol issue you can continue them.

A) Let me know your latest blood reports Fasting blood sugar, postprandial blood sugar, Lipid profile and HbA1c.
B) Let me know your height and weight and waist measurement.

Hope this information helps, please provide above information, then I can answer in detail.

With Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.