Taking Krimson for polycystic ovaries. Missed a few days back. Had unprotected sex. Will krimson suffice to avoid period?

I am taking Krimson 35 for Polycystic ovaries, and I am one week into taking. I forgot one tablet last Monday during my first week of taking it, and took it after 13 hours as soon as I remembered.

Today, I had unprotected sex with my husband, and he came inside me. Will Krimson 35 suffice as a contraceptive? Please do let me know if have to take additional measures.

Thank you
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

Krimson 35 contains cyproterone acetate and ehinyl estradiol and acts as a contraceptive by preventing ovulation and changing cervical mucous and enometrium

Cyproterone acetate blocks androgen receptors and treats polycystic ovaries

If you have missed only one tablet and taken after 13 hrs and that also post menstrual , there are less chances of pregnancy but still you can take emergency contraceptive tablet within 72 hrs of unprotected intercourse to be more sure

It should be taken under doctor's prescription

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Taking Krimson for polycystic ovaries. Missed a few days back. Had unprotected sex. Will krimson suffice to avoid period? 4 hours later
Thank you, Doctor.

This is my second week of Krimson 35, and my 3rd week will start day after. Do i still need to take another contraceptive?

If, so what would you suggest that I should take?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

I don't think there is any need of taking another tablet

Just wait and watch for the periods to come , they may be delayed due to PCOD , if so do a pregnancy test in urine

You can take levonorgestrel as an emergency contraceptive to be 100 % sure but this is to be taken under doctor's guidance and prescription and within 72 hrs , it is already more than 18 hrs

Best wishes