Taking Klonopin. Can I discontinue?

Question
I have been talking klonopin for less then a week at 2mg a day for only 4 days and today i only took 1mg so i can taper off im out of town working and my doctor told me to stop taking it due to the side effects how would i taper off
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Yes, you can stop the medication. As you believe, the medication has to be stopped min tapering manner only.

Do take Klonopin 1mg for two more days and then followed by 3 days of 0.5 mg and finally stop.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Taking Klonopin. Can I discontinue? 1 hour later
So the xanex is out of my system like i mention in my medical history so i wont have to worry about withdraws from it. Also will i have withdraw effects from klonoplin or does the klonopin tapering cancel that.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, there is no need to worry about it . Also withdrawal effects are rare in courses where you taper the dosage and stop.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Taking Klonopin. Can I discontinue? 46 minutes later
Will i have to worry about the xanex withdraws even tho my doctor stop my xanex one day cold XXXXXXX and started klonplinthe next?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later

There is no nee to worry. Both Xanax and Klonopin are similar type of medications withdrawal side effects due to xanax may not occur as Klonopin has taken its place once xanax has been stopped.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.