Taking HRT for premature ovarian failure. Started gaining weight. Looking for alternate treatment

Question
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure last year, where my Follicle Stimulating Hormone, was over 100. I stopped having periods 10 years ago, and I started gaining weight about 5 years ago. Despite dieting, exercising daily I have not lost any weight, and I am about 50 lbs overweight. I am currently taking the weight loss. I have taken different diet pills and vitamin supplements including phentermine, alli, lipozene tenuate, one a day metabolism, raspberry ketone, cayenne pepper supplements. My ObGyn even had a composite of testosterone ordered for me, however the side effects were very negative (severe headache, blurry vision) so I stopped using it. I have had my thyroid tested three times, the first test indicated it was low, so I begin taking a kelp supplement to help with that, and the last two thyroid tests were fine. I was also tested for insulin resistance however that test came back normal as well. I am at a lost now on what to do and even my doctor is stumped and dietician. Is there any alternative to help me?
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 3 hours later
Dear,
Thanks for writing in. I suppose you are taking HRT for premature ovarian failure. That could be one of the factors contributing to weight gain but needs still to be taken. I suupose you are on low calorie diet and also taking enough exercise to burn atleast 300 cal per day. Baritric surgery is one alternative you can consider. You may want to try some OTC fat burmers like oxyelite pro for a short period. Drink atleast 3 -4 litres of water, increase XXXXXXX salad and roughage intake. Take lemon and citrus fruits which can increase fat metabolism. Aim to lose half a pound a day. Avoid eating out and indulgece in sweets. I know its difficult but not impossible. Get emrolled in a physical fitness program. Check for one more hormone known as cortisol- you can get 24 hour urinary free cortisol. Dont lose hope, keep trying.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad