Taking Gonapeptyl injection daily for IVF treatment. Is this safe to take during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
My wife is taking Gonapeptyl daily injection for IVF treatment. Is it safe if I am pregnant?

Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It does not harm pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

As I guess you might be taking Gonapeptyl for downregulation in IVF cycle. In that case it's not known to harm pregnancy. If you are very much anxious, you can do one serum beta hCG to rule out pregnancy. It can be done as early as 10-11 days after ovulation OR on 25-26th day of a regular 28 day cycle. If you are supposed to get 3-4 doses of Gonapeptyl till that day, then don't worry, it won't harm your pregnancy.
Hope I have made the point clear.
Let me know if you have other concerns.