Taking Femhart. Going through menopause. Prescribed Cyclacur. Correct medication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question
I've been taking Femhart for a number of years since going through menopause. I recently returned from living in Greece where I was prescribed Cyclacur 2 mg/tab (2 + 0.5) mg/TAB. Is this the correct medication.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOU CAN TAKE CYCLACUR TAB. IT IS CORRECT.

Detailed Answer:

FemHRT contains norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol as ingredients which is a combined hormone therapy to treat menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes or night sweats and prevent osteoporosis.

CYCLACUR also contains norgestrel and estradiol as ingredients and this is also a combined hormonal medication. It is available in few countries only.

Both the medications have same function but differ in progesterone composition. However, they are quite effective in the treatment of postmenopausal symptom and correction of hormonal imbalance.

To summarize, you can definitely take CYCLACUR medicine as per your doctor's recommendation without any confusion.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW