Taking Epilim daily for migraine. On sertraline, seroquel. Have depression. How can I safely come off it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I take 800 mg E/C Epilim daily. It was prescribed to control migraines. I want to come off it, what is the safest way? I also take 200mg sertraline, 150mg Seroquel,Simvastatin 40mg, Clopidogrel 75mg, Priadel 600mg, Levothyroxine 125mg, and Lansoprazole 30mg. I have Bi polar 1 but only have the depression, not the highs.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Coming off from Epilium can precipitate your migraine attacks if done abruptly. Gradual tapering of doses over weeks is recommended under the guidance of your physician. Usually the doses are tapered by 200mg every week.
Common side effects encountered include tremors, muscle pains, headache, impaired memory , flu like illness, insomnia, anorexia, dizziness, etc.
Kindly consult your physician for proper guidance regarding the dose tapering.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.