Taking Eltroxine, Olmetec, Simvastatin, iron and calcium supplements. How to take medications without interaction?

Question
I need to decide if and how to take my medications. I am perscribed Eltroxine, olmetec, Iron supplment, calcium supplment and sinvastatin. I did after a few moths elavated my iron level but also the TSH. apperantly eltroxine interacts with all the drugs I take. It seems the recomandation is to take it at night time so is for simvastatin. I am not sure what to do should I ask my Doc to change the statin? Should I take Iron and olmetec in the morning, eltroxin at bedtime and maybe statin and calcium somewere in the middle? should I drop the calcium untill my iron levels are back to normal?
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX
Calcium supplement and simvastatin can be taken together. Calcium more than 300mg can sometimes reduce the absorption of iron. So better to avoid taking them together.Iron and simvastatin can be taken together. Eltroxin shouldnot be taken with all the three.
Most preferred time to take eltroxine is early morning, empty stomach atleast one hour before milk or breakfast. Furthermore there has to be a gap of four hours between eltroxin and either calcium or iron. Actually there are two options in your case.
1. Eltroxin in morning 1 hour before breakfast. Iron after lunch. calcium and statin after dinner.
2. Eltroxin in morning as before. calcium after lunch. Iron and statin after dinner
3. Olmetrack is after breakfast in both the cases.
One more tip- Calcium is best absorbed if given 30 min after food.

Hope I have cleared your doubts
Shivaprasad