Taking Elleste Duet, bleeding. Want to delay or advance bleeding for honeymoon

May 2013
I am a 48yr old taking Elleste Duet mg (16 white estradiol tablets and 12 XXXXXXX estradiol/norethisterone tablets), I am in good general health and have been having regular bleeds after reaching the first to second white tab in each pack every month.I was prescribed them due to menopausal symptoms and have been taking them with no adverse side effects for almost 2yrs.
I am due to go on honeymoon which would start the same day as my bleed, I would like to delay,or bring this forward so that it does not occur whilst on hols, I have never done this before.

Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Elleste Duet pack contains first 16 tablets with estrogen only then the next 12 tablets contain estrogen and progesterone.
So if you want to postpone the periods you continue to take the XXXXXXX pills without break.
Means after completion of white pills you will start XXXXXXX pills, then after completion of XXXXXXX pills you start taking XXXXXXX pills from second pack till you want to postpone the periods.
Then after your trip, you stop taking XXXXXXX pills by that you will get withdrawal bleeding after that you start fresh pack with white pills followed by XXXXXXX pills as usual.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.