Taking Elleste Duet. Can I delay my periods?

Can I delay my period I'm going on holiday I take elesse duet 1mg
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for tne query.
Before answering your question I need to ask couple of questions from you
Since when you are taking elleste duet tablets?
Why the doctor has prescribed this medicine to you?
Are you having any medical issues like diabetes or hypertension?
Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Taking Elleste Duet. Can I delay my periods? 6 hours later
I am on my first packet second strip . Ellese duet prescribed for menopause . I have no health problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 31 minutes later
The elleste duet comes with the combination of two hormones first the oestrogen which is taken on a continuous basis and other progesterone which is added for a portion of each month.
The tablets taken during the first 16 days of each Elleste duet cycle contain only estradiol. The tablets taken in the next 12 days of each cycle contain both estradiol and norethisterone.
It results in a monthly withdrawal bleed towards the end of taking the norethisterone.
If you want to postponed your periods slightly by some days then you may continue with the progesterone pills without stopping meaning thereby that you have to keep on taking the second strip only.Once the pack finishes then you have to take the second strip only and keep on taking till you want to postpone your periods.
Once the second strip tablets are stopped,you get the withdrawal bleeding.
I hope I am clear however if there is something more to ask,you can get back to me.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Taking Elleste Duet. Can I delay my periods? 1 hour later
My tablets are 16 white then 12 XXXXXXX .on one card .so do I miss the XXXXXXX and use white from new card. Or finish card and use XXXXXXX from new card.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 19 minutes later
You are already consuming XXXXXXX tablets after finishing the 16 white tablets.
You have to keep on taking the XXXXXXX tablets only.
Once this pack finishes,you have to take second pack and consume only XXXXXXX tablets.You don't have to use white tablets
Keep on taking XXXXXXX tablets till you want to control your periods.
Once there is no need to control the periods,you stop using XXXXXXX tablets.
You will get periods after stopping the XXXXXXX tablets.
After the periods you can again start from a fresh pack and discard the unused packs.
I hope I am clear now.
You can revert to me if there is still some doubt.