Taking Duoluton L for regularizing periods. Is it safe to have sex while taking these pills?

Mar 2016

Hi, I am taking Duoluton L for the first time for regularizing my periods. I just wanted to know is it safe to have sex while taking these pills, Will it have any effect on my health or on my periods?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Duoluton L is a combined OCP which contains ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel as ingredient.
And yes, you can sex while taking this pills. However it gives highest protection (near about 99.9%) against unwanted pregnancy if it is taken regularly on proper schedule after 1 month period.
For best results it should be taken from D1 of cycle for continuous 21 days with 7 days gap to get period normally. And during the first month you need to practice protected sexual intercourse to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

The pill is used to regularize your period and like every hormonal pill it has some effect on health like nausea/ vomiting, abdominal cramp, dizziness, irregular spotting, headache, etc. The side effect profile varies from woman to woman.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Taking Duoluton L for regularizing periods. Is it safe to have sex while taking these pills? 18 hours later
Thank you so much for your reply, it cleared all my doubts.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 minutes later
Thank you too.