Taking Donepezil. Is taking it at the same time every day critical?

Dec 2014

I am taking Donepezil 10 mg every night at the same time . When we change the clocks I change the time i take it to conform to the old time. Is that necesary. I am going to Portugal for a week. To take my meds at the same time I would have to take them at 3am. Is that necessary. Is taking it at the eact time each day critical?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 10 minutes later

Donepezil is a good drug used in Alzheimer's disease. You are taking it daily at night. It helps you to maintain proper cognitive functions. And your body is adjusted with this medicine.

There is no need to fix a time for this drug in cases of travel to different time zones. You can take it in night in Portugal, and no need of awakening at 3 am.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi