Taking Diltiazem capsule. Will it be okay if I skip the medication for some days?

Hi, I am on Diltiazem 24HR Er l80 MG capsule to be taken Once daily. I called my local CVS Pharmacy to refill the prescription, but I realized too late that I ran completely out and will only be able to have a new prescription with the Doctor and this cannot be filled until Wednesday. I took my last Diltiazem yesterday. Will I be okay physically until Wednesday to restart my prescription? I also take simvastatin, lisinopril, spironalactone, warfarin (Coumadin) taking 3mg tablets by mouth daily,
carvedilol 25 mg tablets (taking 1.5 Tabs by mouth daily as directed by physician. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Highly unpredictable

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this difficulty getting your drugs refilled that would inadvertently lead to you missing a few days of treatment. It is always best to take your drugs as prescribed to keep the condition controlled. However, if we cannot get it for one reason or the other, we hope all would stay quiet until we get it sorted out.

Skipped doses generally don't constitute a real problem. I would want to believe so with you, but the duration seems a little long. Try to see whether you can get this drug refilled on the phone before you revisit your doctor on Wednesday. I am more than 80% confident that nothing would happen but being Cautious is the watch word!

If it is not possible, please monitor closely for any new symptoms. if they do develop, then please make an urgent visit to the hospital and these drugs would be filled without waiting for Wednesday. If nothing happens, then we patiently wait until Wednesday to XXXXXXX your doctor as planned.

Continue all the other medications as planned. No changes are necessary at this time.

I hope this addresses your query fully and provides guidance. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications. I wish you well and hope nothing concerning happens before you get to XXXXXXX your doctor.

Dr. Ditah, MD