Taking Diclofenac for inflammation in toe. Pain in hip due to osteoarthritis. Need advise?

I am taking Diclofenac once a day with my morning meal (75 mg) to keep inflamation in my big toe (gaut) under control.It does the job.However,over the passed 3-4 weeks I have been ixperiencing pain in my right hip due
to the osteoarthritis giagnosed some years ago.I will have to have the hip replaced ASAP.However,since Diclofenac seems to help me to tolerate the pain,I wonder if I can keep on using it untill the operation,which I assume to take place within 2-4 months.May I have your opinion please? XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 55 minutes later
brief answer....Although can be used for 8 to 10 weeks regularly but it is avoided in elderly people.
detailed answer...
Diclofenac is a inflammation.
Although can be used for 8 to 10 weeks at a stretch but it is avoided in people who are elderly or people having heart,liver or kidney disease,have asthma,have peptic ulcer etc.
If you are absolutely healthy and don't have above mentioned problems,you may take it but after talking to your doctor.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
best of luck