Taking Dianette, light periods with mucus. Should my period not have been heavier after taking two packs?

Hello, I have an image I would like to have you look at. I am taking dianette as a form of contraception. Recently I took two packs one after another with no break. When my period came it was a little lighter than usual. I also noticed this mucous/tissue substance and I am wondering what it is. I have attached a pic of it. Should my period not have been heavier after taking two packs?

The reason I took the two packs one after the other is, I was late in taking my pill two days in a row 1st +2nd XXXXXXX My pack was due to end on the 6th XXXXXXX so I continued onto the second pack as the first would have run out before the seven days needed to be protected. I had sex on the 13th of XXXXXXX Am I right in saying I would have been protected as I was taking the pill correctly since the 2nd of June? thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It is not necessary to have very heavy periods just because some one took two packs back to back.
I have seen the photograph and it is just a clotted blood.

For the proper protection,one should have regular intake of contraceptive pill for  at least 7 days without any gap for it's complete effect.Since you had a intercourse after 11 days of regular intake of contraceptive pill,there is no chance of pregnancy.You are correct.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck