Taking Dexilant and having frequent heart racing. Should I continue the medication? Does Levothroxine lead to cancer?

Dexilant used for a few yrs. Have noticed more frequent heart racing &/or beating irregular. Should I discontinue the med? Have been taking Levothroxine for many yrs. Now it's supposed to lead to lung cancer. Any other meds that could be used w/out such side effects?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may want to discontinue Dexilant

Detailed Answer:

Yes, there is an evidence of less than 2% reports on clinical trial studies that say that Dexilant can cause heart rate disturbances including palpitations and arrhythmia.

You may want to discontinue the drug after consulting your treating doctor.

Levothyroxine as such has no side effect like leading to lung cancer. You could continue to take the medicine.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.